Dublin Global Gathering - September 4th 2019
What you can expect
Clinical Trial Optimization
How can we optimize clinical processes by combining data, analytics and technology to help bring new medications to market faster? Who are the front-runners in doing so? Have we seen new molecules, and rising ROI as a result of the optimization?
Kuldeep Singh Rajput is the founder and CEO of Biofourmis, a fast-growing global start-up founded in Singapore that is on a mission of augmenting personalized care and therapies with Digital Therapeutics for better management of patients with complex chronic conditions. They discover, develop and deliver clinically-validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, advanced tools for clinicians to deliver personalized care, and cost-effective solutions for payers.
Kuldeep will present some learnings from their own experience in R&D running clinical trials for digital solutions. From how they designed the study to how they chose placebos and the right patient cohorts, to tracking, monitoring digital biomarkers and calculating meaningful endpoints - all with some help from our tech friends.
Digital Therapeutics: What's next?
We have spoken about DTx several times over the last few years. Now that we accept that DTx have a big role to play in patients' lives, in pharma life-cycles and in the practice of medicine as we know it, what is next on the horizon? Are we being reimbursed as patients and providers, are we building new franchises as pharma, are we identifying common ground in the form of guidelines for evidence building and regulation as DTx companies?
Dereck Richard, Chief Science Officer at SilverCloud health. Through collaboration partners, SilverCloud are exploring many new avenues of implementation and research using online delivered interventions. With the innovative and highly engaging SilverCloud platform they are breaking new ground in the development and delivery of online psychological interventions.
Derek will talk about how Silver Cloud Health have worked on evidence generation especially in relation to establishing guidelines with NICE and the NHS, thus setting a precedent for other DTx companies to follow suit. What should DTx companies do to take their product to patients and physicians?
Also at the event
- An impressive line-up of speakers across both sessions that have exceptional experience in the DTx space and in Clinical Trials.
- Each session includes conversational style panel discussions with presentation from Wellthy Therapeutics, Novartis, Science 37, Fire1, Otsuka, Noona and more.
- Fireside chat with digital health evangelist Lisa Suennen and thought-leader and change-agent for digital transformation in healthcare and life sciences, Jeremy Sohn of Novartis.
- No Holds Barred! The 'Ask the Investor' session - What are the notable investments in digital health? Opening the floor up to get some answers directly from global investors 7wire Ventures, Merck, Nina Capital and more.
Ignite Shanghai - September 25th 2019
About the event
This is a HealthXL event in partnership with JLABS, Frontiers Health, Healthware and Bayer China to explore opportunities in Chinese Healthcare, and learn from the movers and shakers of the local health tech industry. We understand no path to change can be traveled alone which is why HealthXL exists, to connect healthcare leaders on a global scale, to partner, learn and exchange ideas. The event will bring together a small group of the most relevant and knowledgeable individuals in Chinese healthcare
What we want from the event
- Shine a light on the growing Chinese digital health ecosystem and what the world can learn from it.
- Allow for mutual exchange, and partnership opportunities between our global leaders (pharma, payer, hospitals, VCs, etc) and local leaders.
What you can expect
Dr. Martin Shen is a physician and senior executive with over 20 years of Healthcare experience spanning Clinical Practice, Hospital Management and Healthcare IT. As the co-founder of an innovative healthcare startup, Dr. Shen leads a team of over 200 healthcare and technology professionals who share a passion for changing healthcare, supporting the largest network of Trusted Doctors across China with both an online physician workspace and the largest Specialist & Day Surgery Center network across China. Their goal is to empower Doctors to better manage their patients, their business, their private life, and as a result improve healthcare delivery for patients across China. In August 2018, Trusted Doctors (Xingren) merged with Tencent Doctorwork to form the new venture Tencent Trusted Doctors.
Amy Gu is the Founder and Managing Partner of Hemi Ventures, a VC firm that invests in early-stage companies in emerging technology sectors like AI, biotech, and autonomous vehicles. Amy is a leader in diversifying the male-dominated world of tech entrepreneurship and financing. Prior to founding Hemi, she was the first General Manager of Evernote China, where she grew the user base to 20 million in four years. She also served as a growth advisor to Udacity, Robinhood and a handful of scaling tech companies.
Also at the event
- Chinese healthcare experts speaking and attending that have exceptional experience in healthcare innovation and investment.
- Fireside chat with Feng Ge, CEO of Jiahui International Hospital is a thought-leader and change-agent for digital transformation in healthcare.
- Conversational style panel discussion to explore the status of digital health in China with Jennifer Xu from Green Applehealth, Echo (Si) Chen from MedoPad, Sebastien Gaudin from The CareVoice and Bosun Hau of Tybourne Capital.
- State of the Nation, digital health in China - Why is the West interested in China. HealthXL global members Axel Heitmueller from Imperial College Health Partners (NHS), Vishal Gulati from Draper Esprit, Eugene Borkhovich from Bayer weigh in with their thoughts and will be complemented by local and international experience in Dr Ruby Wang a Schwarzman Scholar and Jordan Sun from Siemens Healthineers.