In this month’s Digital Health Videocast we are delighted to sit down with Jennifer Joe, MSL & Operations Barkey, Principal at Vanguard.Health. Joining us from her old brownstone in Boston, MA, we dive right into Jennifer’s early years being born and raised in a small town in Mississippi. We learn of how her experience as the granddaughter of immigrants to an economically challenged location influenced her life and awareness of healthcare disparities across the United States and cultivated her sensitivity and passion to change healthcare for the better. “I love medicine...the willingness for people to let you into their lives” is a key driving force for Jennifer.
We discuss how early career frustrations at the treatment of minority groups in healthcare inspired Jennifer to pursue how innovation and digital health could positively help these groups. She reminds us that how healthcare is practised in Boston, or indeed any large metropolitan location is not comparable with the wider state of play in the United States and there is a real need to bring digital health innovations to wider America.
During the videocast, we dive into a number of areas including:
- How has she built a digital presence and influencer role within the healthcare community?
- How she hopes this role can bring together the disconnected physician community and combat fatigue and isolation.
- The importance of authenticity in everything you do.
- Her thoughts on the roles influencers and KOL’s can play in the expansion of digital health.
- How is she engaging physicians from around the world in the adoption of digital health?